- Following the placement of an implant it is important to keep the surrounding area clean.
- Use a 45 degree angle as the standard brushing technique.
- Use plastic coated interdental brushes for safe effective plaque removal.
- Tightly floss approximal surfaces and implants.
- Ensure all surfaces are clean.
- Adapt floss/tape for teeth and gums.
- If not kept clean, the gingivae around the implant can become inflammed.
- Use extra soft filaments for the acutely affected area.
- Using a standard brushing technique gently but effectively removes debris.
- Interdental cleaning with the extra soft range removes plaque comfortably and effectively.
- Use a standard interdental cleaning technique with extra soft filaments.
- This will result in the resolution of inflamed site.